made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Project 365 - Day 2 - Big Water Nature Reserve


Todays photo was taken a Big Waters Nature Reserve - OS Grid ref: NZ227734

Big Waters is one of the largest subsidence ponds in South East Northumberland. Surrounded by fen and carr the land around the lake is generally flat, rising to the Northeast. Big Waters covers an area of almost 50 hectares, which includes the lake, stream, ponds, marshland, grassland and woodland. There are facilities for walking, picnicking, fishing, bird watching and nature studies.

We took my grandson there in the childcarrier for a bit of fresh air and to feed the ducks and swans. We tooks soom sandwiches and crisps,etc for a bit of a feed ourselves then had a bit of a walk. I have never been to this reserve before but I am glad I did as I enjoyed it.

Look out for my older photos for Project 365 here!

Bye for now and happy snapping

No comments:

Post a Comment