made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Love


This is a layout featuring my grandson at various ages.  The bottom two photographs were altered using a programme called 'Photofunia' which is a Android app but is also available on the web.

The photo on the left was converted to black and white then I used the app to make it look like it was on canvas.  The photo on the right was converted to look like it has been done as a sketch.  There are many different options to choose from and would recommend you try it out.

My main jumping off point for this layout was Scrap it with a Song with current challenge of using the song 'Take my breath away' by the Berlin.  I used the words - MY LOVE as the title of my layout.

I also used a colour prompt from Colours Stories Inspiration - Case File No.7.  It's great for getting you to use colour combos you might not ordinarily think of.

I used the items highlighted below:


EVIDENCE DETAILS

Choose two (or more)of the following elements to include on your layout:

  • distressing
  • wood or wodgrain (could be paper or embellishments)
  • metals
  • an element to hold things, like an envelope or pocket
  • stripes (as inspired by the watermelon)
  • cluster similar items together
  • combine straight lines with organic shapes (i.e., shapes with curves)
JOURNALING DETAILS (TESTIMONY)
Choose one (or more) of the following to inspire your journaling:
   
  • 3-2-1: 3 most important things, 2 questions you have, 1 word to sum up the story.
  • Use all your senses in your journaling.
  • Grocery list: Journal in the form of a list.
  • The roots: What is the origin of the picture or what's underneath the story?
  • Inspiration Words: natural, vital, root.
 I love using sketches to focus my creativity and used a fabby sketch from Sketchabilities by Karan Gerber.  See the sketch below.



I used the following to put my layout together:

Teresa Collins - On the Edge - Distressed Dots Paper
Ranger Archival Ink - Blank
Core Impression - Jenni Bowlin - Dark red
Metal Embellishments - Brand unsure
Brads - Papermania/Basic Grey
Small Bugle Beads - Mill Hill 72010
Bazzill Bling Cardstock - Colour unsure
Ranger Glossy Accents
Scrap paper (with memories on it) brand unsure
Tissue Tape - Tim Holtz
Paper Flowers - Brand unknown
Ribbon Doilies - Basic Grey - Out of Print
Metal Rim - brand unsure
Artoz Crea motions - Heart Bling
Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist - Slate

I really enjoyed using all the prompts for this layout and wish to think all involved.

A day without scrapping is like a day without sunshine!

Lynn

13 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use photos showing different ages, I might have to pop that idea away in my memory bank for another layout! Thanks for joining in at sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. Your grandson is adorable!! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap it with a Song. Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is such a little cutie (but I am biased).

      Thanks for your lovely comment!

      Lynn {Lindy}

      Delete
  3. So sweet! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap it with a Song

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on mixing up the challenges! I recognised the sketch straight away even though you didn't put an image of it up on your blog!! thanks so much for playing along at Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Meant to put sketch photo on but completely forgot. Have updated it though and its on my blog now. xxc

      Lynn

      Delete
  5. wow good job on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us as Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet! Great job incorporating all the different challenges! So glad you could play along with us at Scrap it With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun page!! I love the bright colors, Thanks so much for sharing it with us Sketchabilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun page - cute photos! Thanks for playing at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for playing at Sketchabilities Karan's sketches are fab aren't they and so is your LO

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, your grandson is SUCH a cutie, and I love the different styles of photos!! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Scrap It With a Song=) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete