made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Love - You and Me

I'm on a Roll
I've managed to combine 8 challenges for this layout!!
~see challange list and details below~

First of all - this is what I created
After getting the layout 'more or less' how I wanted it I decided it was too 'clean'.   So I smudged some pale blue and pink Stickles glitter around the two photographs to mess it up a bit.

This is the 1st time I have managed to scrap a photo of our wedding.  I've always struggled on where to start so I am quite pleased hwo this turned out.  With a brother, son and grandson I am so used to doing 'boy' layouts, so it was fun to do such a girly layout.
I used a the September sketch from Stuck Sketches


Remaining Challenges

Scrap around the world: September Mood Board 
I took inspiration from the wings, pink and metal and used them on my layout.

Colour Stories Inspiration - Case File: 138
Colour Scheme - All colours used
Evidence – Woodgrain/Damask/button/Paint
Testimony – Tuck your story into an envelope

Song Title/Lyrics Challenge – Imagine Dragons – On top of the World
    inspired by lyrics: love somebody and title ‘on top of the world’ which is how you feel on your wedding day.  

Scrap it Girl – Use Stencils or Mask - I used a TCW – Mini Wood Grain Stencil on scrap white paper with shimmer mist.

Paper Wings – Use Ribbon Twine or Trim – Used bakers twine on journaling tag, l on love and wrapped around woodgrain heart.

Challenge YOUrself  - You must be included in your layout - the photograph used is of husband and myself on our wedding day.  The link to fall is that my husband and I got married on September 7th (we've just had our 18th wedding anniversary) so this is a favourite time of your for me.  Also we tend to visit the west coast or the islands of Scotland around this time of year which holds many happy memories for me!

ARTastic Challenge Blog – Use string or twine on your work

Thanks also to Scrap Challenge who provided a list of most of the challenges I have used on this occasion.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog.

I would love it if you would like to do one or more of the following


Comment on this post 
Follow my blog (the link is on the right hand side of my blog)
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or Flickr (links at the top of the page)
or share my post/blog using the links below

Lynn xXx


What I used to put together this layout:


Products used:
Hampton Art – Ditto - 5x7 Envelope
Glitz Designs – Love Nest – Damask
Mulberry Street – Petaloo – Wild rose – Pink
Riff Raff Designs – Love – Wood die cut
My Minds Eye - Lime Twist – Happy Go Lucky – Perfect Activities
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink – Faded Jeans
Impress die ink pad – Chocolate
Cosmic Shimmer Mist – Ancient Copper
Ranger Stickles – Baby Blue
Ranger Stickles – Glam Pink
7 Gypsies – 97% complete – Journaling tag – Celebration
Core’dinations – Great White
Papermania – Bakers Twine – Blue/White
Metal butterfly – make unknown
Metal photo corners - brand unknown
Button - brand unknown

Tools used:
Tonic – Square Layering Dies
Martha Stewart - Heart Edge punch
Heart Dies
Tonic Corner punch – Fancy
Cuttlebug  - Embossing Folder – Damask
TCW – Mini Wood Grain Stencil

36 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful page Lynn - the flowers are gorgeous and what charming wedding photo's. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Challenge Yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so beautiful, such gorgeous accents and I am amazed at how many challenges you successfully combined! So glad you joined us at Stuck?! for our celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely page Lynn but unfortunately isn't eligible for ARTastic as we only accept combining with two other challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! The string wrapped round the heart is both a fab idea & looks totally smashing! Love your page.....really pretty..thanks so much for sharing with us at ARTastic:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops! I'm new to the DT at ARTastic & just read Jane's comment above....never mind, it's a great page anyways:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, such a pretty layout with nice embellishments :)
    Thank you for playing with us at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely day and such a beautiful layout to celebrate it! Love your banner titlework and placement, and the colors are very nice and fresh. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos and a great layout! Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really pretty take on the sketch, thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice take on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout and photos. Thanks for entering it in the ARTastic challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a beautiful Layout you made, so romantic! Thant you for playing with SIWAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's funny how wedding photos are hard to scrap! I found I had the same problem! Your page is lovely and I love the final touch of adding and smearing the tickles! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful LO. Love the pics. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful, soft design; thanks for playing at SATW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and romantic page ! I also having hard times doing romantic pages, just did one for a challenge too, lol. Thanks for playing with us at SIWAS !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely colours ! Thanks for playing with us at SIWAS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know how difficult it is to get around to scrap all those special photos we have stashed away. This is such a wonderful layout celebrating marriage. Thank you for joining us over at PWP.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the romantic feeling of the page !!!! thank you for playing with us at SIWAS !!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty and I love how you have used the twine. Thank you for joining in at ARTastic
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful and lovely pics. Great take. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so romantic. Thanks for sharing on siwas

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful and romantic looking LO, and I love the colours. Thank you for sharing with us at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous job. Love the twine around the heart and the title. Such a charming idea. And, WOOO HOOO that you got to use it for BOTH Artatic AND CSI! Love it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a really lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Feel the love! Beautiful!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A beautiful layout - good luck in all 8 challenges but thank you for playing along with us at Challenge YOURself :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful page! Thanks for joining the Paper Wings Productions Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. An absolutely beautiful LO! Thanks for playing along over at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful layout! Cute card! Love the embellishments. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. such a romantic page! Thanks for joining ARTartic challenge!
    Stina

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great job. Thanks for playing along at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice layout love the colors and happy anniversary. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  34. I understand how fun it is when we get to do "girly" layouts for a change. kind of freeing actually. I love the stickle smudges! great add on!

    ReplyDelete