made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Facinator for Ladies Day - Newcastle Races

Hi there

I thought I would share with you the facinator I made for Ladies Day at Newcastle Races.

I saw an article in Scrap 365 magazine which showed a facinator made with mainly card/paper.
I was inspired to make my own facinator and loved the idea that my facinator would be unique.  I was up for the challenge.

I decided to make a facinator attached to a headband (as I am not that keen on on those comb thingys) plus I basically thought it might be easier.

The photo below is the 1st stage in process
Stage 1
I bought several bits and peices - feather pearls on wire etc and bound them together using ribbon with double sided sticky tape to.

 Now Stage 2
When I had my dress taken up (as I am a mere 5ft) there was spare material over so I decided to cut strips of the material and wrapped these around the hairband.

 This is it finished and below is a picture of my friend and I at Ladies Day.

 

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog.

I would love it if you would like to do one or more of the following

Comment on this post 
Follow my blog (the link is on the right hand side of my blog)
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or Flickr (links at the top of the page)
or share my post/blog using the links below

Hugs

Lynn xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment