made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

Friday, October 17, 2014

Don't Let Go

Don't Let Go

This is a bit of a mix up for me as I've not really tried mixed media before.  I didn't really intend to do mixed media it just 'sort of' happened.  I ended up glueing my paper onto some scrap cardboard as until then it did not have the 'structural integrity' to hold up to the sewing and whatnot.

I've had lots of fun playing around with bits and pieces and slapping on paint and mist.  I just sort of went with the flow and saw what happened.  Let me know what you think!

I put the layout together with the help of Colour Stories Inspiration challenge #143 (below)
Scrap it with a Song Pop challenge - Demi Lovato's - Let it Go
I used the title of the song to inspire my title of Don't Let Go
Colour Scheme: All colours used
Evidence: Mixed Media, Pen Work, Cogs and Circles.
Testimony: Handwrite your story


I didn't use the sketch ahove - instead I used the one below from Show Us Your Stuff as inspiration. I rotated the sketch 90 degrees.

Here is a close up
and another
and another
and just one more!
Hope you had fun viewing my layout.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog.

I would love it if you would like to do one or more of the following


Comment on this post 
Follow my blog (the link is on the right hand side of my blog)
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest or Flickr (links at the top of the page)
or share my post/blog using the links below

Lynn xXx

Products used:
Scrap Cardboard
Mambi 12 x 12 paper
TCW 6 x 6 Stencil - Coffee Splotch
TCW 6 x 6 Stencil - Metawork
Distress Ink - Faded Jean and Worn Lipstick
Cosmic Shimmer -  Lava Red and Ocean Sunlight
Craft TProducts - Lustre Rub ons - Russet
Stampers Anonymous Stamps - Classics #6
Liquid Pearls - Mint Green, Daffodil, Ruby Red and Ocean Blue
Maya Road - Mini Gears
That Special Touch - Stencil - Nuts Pattern
Adirondack - Dabber - Silver
Ranger Dylusions - Stamps - Bordering on the Edge
American Craft - Amy Tangerine - Ready Set Go - On the clock
Brand unknown - Cardboard Arrow
Dymo lettering
American Craft - chipboard dinosaur
Brads
Windsor and Newton - Gesso 
Twine
Uniball Signo - White
Magic Mesh - Red

9 comments:

  1. I love the star and the background !!! Very nice and original !! Thanks for playing with SIWAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn! Your mixed media layout looks great (whether you intended to make a mixed media creation or not.) The background work looks fabulous. I am glad our sketch from Show Us Your Stuff was able to provide you with some inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page with so much awesome elements to look at. Thanks for joining in at SUYS this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page, love the distressing ! Thanks for playing with us at SIWAS !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout! I love your colours & that big star is brilliant. Thanks for playing along with us @ SUYS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice this tooo Thanks for sharing with siwas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your mixed media. Glad the SUYS inspired you to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy that our SUYS sketch inspired you to create this wonderful page!! Love the big star shape and the fab background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great inspiration from the SUYS sketch! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete